This course is intended for Company Directors, Partners and Proprietors and provides an outline of Operator Licence requirements to re-assert the undertakings given to the Traffic Commissioner when applying for an ‘O’ Licence.
It is common when an Operator holding either a Standard or Restricted Operator License and has appeared at a Public Inquiry is required to complete this course at the instruction from the Traffic Commissioner. The Institute course complies fully with the expectations of the Traffic Commissioners.
The Operator Licence Awareness Training (OLAT) course has a duration of two days and is designed to give the operator the ability to prevent future non-compliance, covering:
- Operator Licensing – Application; Conditions; Notifiable Changes; Legal Responsibilities
- Safe Loading of Vehicles – including Load Restraint, calculation of payload and safe load distribution
- Weights and Dimensions of Vehicles
- Drivers Hours – EU drivers’ hours and the Road Transport Working Time Directive; Drivers Hours Records for Analogue and Digital Tachographs; Working Time Directive for non-driving personnel; Planning Safe Overnight Parking
- Driver Licensing
- Speed Limits
- Planned Preventive Maintenance – including Drivers’ Defect Reporting; Enforcement
- Operational Security
- Operator Compliance Risk Scores (OCRS)